Just stumbled across this. Whilst Australia goes into a flurry of moral panic over the work of Bill Henson, photographer Jock Sturges goes from strength to strength. Now he has published a large, limited edition portfolio called Mit Jock Sturges Familär. The basic edition costs USD 990, the deluxe with stand, USD 6050. This is for serious collectors but also indicates Sturges’s popularity. Very few photographers can expect to produce this type of portfolio.
The model in the photo is Eva, who has been working with Sturges since she was around 10 (see photos below) and continues to work with him as a young adult, thus indicating that she clearly enjoys the experience (she is from a family of naturists).
pages: 1 2
- The Naked Child in Art: The New Arguments Against 116,716 view(s)
- The Lure of Aphrodite’s Mirror: Brooke Shields and Eva Ionesco 103,696 view(s)
- The Naked Child in Art: Naturist Photography 93,874 view(s)
- The Naked Child in Art: Misty Dawn 55,839 view(s)
- Abigail Bray: Adopting the Paedophiliac Gaze 49,011 view(s)
- Revisiting My Little Princess, a Film by Eva Ionesco 44,690 view(s)
- The Naked Child in Art: Photography 41,533 view(s)
- Photos 40,281 view(s)
- Eva Ionesco: My Little Princess 34,048 view(s)
- The Childhood Culture Wars: Dani Brubaker 30,722 view(s)
Abigail Bray About Ray Artemis Bill Henson Child Abuse Child Prodigy Christianity Classical Culture Dark Matter David Finklehor Eden Emma Rush Empty Taboos Eros False Certainties Gail Dines Gifted Kids Hetty Johnston Hippie Kids Intersexed Islam Japanese Culture Jock Sturges Melinda Tankard Reist Michael Carr-Gregg Moral Conservatives Naked Child In Art Navaratri Porn Psyche Radical Ideas Rock Chicks Sexology Sexualisation Sexualisation Debate Sexuality Stonefield Suzanne Ost Talented Kids Tantra The Anthropology of Sex The Childhood Culture Wars Transgender Transgression Wild Child