After discussing Maladolescenza starring Eva Ionesco, I thought it was important I revisit her recent film, My Little Princess. After a closer look I now think this film makes a critically important contribution to the debate around the sexualisation of children. This is because it is a semi-autobiographical account by the one person who pushed the boundaries much, much further than anyone else. Not only did she pose nude for her mother, photographer Irina Ionesco, she notoriously appeared in Italian Playboy at age 11 photographed by French glamour photographer Jacques Bourboulon. He posed her as he would an adult model. I will publish just one of the more modest, semi-nude images – there are more explicit full nudes (this image has been legally available on Google images for some time) to indicate the exact nature of her work with Bourboulon. Obviously the intent was to sexualise Ionesco. Can there be any doubt?
Bourboulon was not the only noted photographer to work with Ionesco. She also worked with artists Pierre et Gilles. I have already published Adam and Eve but for good measure here is a set mimicking a photo booth and one of her with none other than Dali.
- The Lure of Aphrodite’s Mirror: Brooke Shields and Eva Ionesco 243,564 views
- The Naked Child in Art: The New Arguments Against 197,855 views
- The Naked Child in Art: Naturist Photography 195,148 views
- Revisiting My Little Princess, a Film by Eva Ionesco 164,132 views
- The Naked Child in Art: Misty Dawn 126,893 views
- Abigail Bray: Adopting the Paedophiliac Gaze 122,014 views
- Photos 113,299 views
- The Naked Child in Art: Photography 107,923 views
- Corporate Paedophilia: The Australia Institute Discussion Paper 82,211 views
- Hippie Kids 71,602 views
Abigail Bray About Ray Artemis Bill Henson Child Abuse Child Prodigy Christianity Classical Culture Dark Matter David Finklehor Eden Emma Rush Empty Taboos Eros False Certainties Gail Dines Gifted Kids Hetty Johnston Hippie Kids Intersexed Islam Japanese Culture Jock Sturges Melinda Tankard Reist Michael Carr-Gregg Moral Conservatives Naked Child In Art Navaratri Porn Psyche Radical Ideas Rock Chicks Sexology Sexualisation Sexualisation Debate Sexuality Stonefield Suzanne Ost Talented Kids Tantra The Anthropology of Sex The Childhood Culture Wars Transgender Transgression Wild Child