Following my last post about the denial of childhood sexuality and the insistence that children are ‘presexual’… How do the deniers explain hypersexuality in children?
Hypersexuality appears in children who suffer various forms of hypomania. It is most understood in children with juvenile bipolar disorder, but it is also found amongst gifted children with Dabrowski’s Overexcitabilities. Although some children are naturally more sexual than others.
What’s going on? Basically the sexual arousal system is hardwired from birth. It is instinctive. Various conditions stimulate the sexual system in children and they begin to exhibit a number of sexual behaviours.
This can be extremely problematic in a society that denies the reality of children’s sexuality.
Hypersexuality in children is rarely discussed about for two reasons: one is that (bipolar or not) sexuality in children is simply not spoken about in public; and the other, sadly, is that parents of hypersexual children are afraid to mention the subject — even over email. They are petrified that Child Protective Services will find out and wrongly assume that a hypersexual child is an overstimulated child, and that that overstimulation stems from sexual abuse in the home. Few people — even the professionals at the Departments of Child and Families (DCF) or Child Protective Services (CPS) realize that hypersexuality is so common during the manic or hypomanic stages of bipolar disorder (in adults and in children) — and so it is rarely if ever factored into the equation. Parents of bipolar children fear losing custody of their children based on these suspicions of abuse. The Bipolar Child Newsletter
- The Naked Child in Art: The New Arguments Against 93,854 view(s)
- The Lure of Aphrodite’s Mirror: Brooke Shields and Eva Ionesco 73,370 view(s)
- The Naked Child in Art: Naturist Photography 64,443 view(s)
- The Naked Child in Art: Misty Dawn 36,845 view(s)
- Abigail Bray: Adopting the Paedophiliac Gaze 31,699 view(s)
- Eva Ionesco: My Little Princess 27,332 view(s)
- Photos 25,394 view(s)
- The Naked Child in Art: Photography 24,275 view(s)
- The Childhood Culture Wars: Dani Brubaker 21,026 view(s)
- Futanari 17,698 view(s)
- powerman5000ca on Female Shredder: Shotaro Nakamura
- B on Woutherus Mol
- DD on Mexx Children’s Clothing Ad – Equal to the Boys.
- Ray on Concluding the Naked Child in Art Series
- Luna on Concluding the Naked Child in Art Series
- Silly on Addendum to the 5 Myths
- David Brodbeck on Mexx Children’s Clothing Ad – Equal to the Boys.
- sean on Abigail Bray: Adopting the Paedophiliac Gaze
- Kenneth Wade Wilson on Abigail Bray: Adopting the Paedophiliac Gaze
- Juris on The Naked Child in Art: Photography
Abigail Bray About Ray Artemis Bill Henson Child Abuse Child Prodigy Christianity Classical Culture Dark Matter David Finklehor Emma Rush Empty Taboos Eros False Certainties Gail Dines Gifted Kids Guitar Prodigies Hippie Kids Intersexed Islam Japanese Culture Jock Sturges Melinda Tankard Reist Michael Carr-Gregg Moral Conservatives My Photographs Naked Child In Art Navaratri Porn Psyche Radical Ideas Rock Chicks Sexology Sexualisation Sexualisation Debate Sexuality Stonefield Suzanne Ost Talented Kids Tantra The Anthropology of Sex The Childhood Culture Wars Transgender Transgression Wild Child