Seem like a damaged child? Of course not. She looks exactly like the composed and intelligent child she was. She also knew very well that her critics wanted to silence her.
It’s a story about a girl whose voice and spirit are silenced, and then it’s about her reclaiming her voice on a deeper, truer level. It’s very interesting how the story that I’m trying to tell has been paralleled by the actual events of the making of the film.NY Times
The clip below occurs some time after she is raped as part of her healing process. It shows what a brilliant actor she is. Note the control as she builds confidence in the song.
And what of Fanning now? Going from strength to strength having shrugged off the critics – she continues to act, although not in major roles as she concentrates on her studies. She’s accepted a place at NYU. But then, she’s gifted.
But this is the thing about the warriors of the childhood culture wars. They are actually quite clueless, foolishly causing real abuse in attempting to chase imagined abuse. Perhaps the final word should go to Dakota.
It’s a movie, it’s called acting.
pages: 1 2
- The Naked Child in Art: The New Arguments Against 94,515 view(s)
- The Lure of Aphrodite’s Mirror: Brooke Shields and Eva Ionesco 73,971 view(s)
- The Naked Child in Art: Naturist Photography 65,267 view(s)
- The Naked Child in Art: Misty Dawn 37,261 view(s)
- Abigail Bray: Adopting the Paedophiliac Gaze 32,040 view(s)
- Eva Ionesco: My Little Princess 27,509 view(s)
- Photos 25,766 view(s)
- The Naked Child in Art: Photography 24,610 view(s)
- The Childhood Culture Wars: Dani Brubaker 21,215 view(s)
- Futanari 17,773 view(s)
- Carolyn on Moral Panic and the Vilification of Graham Ovenden
- powerman5000ca on Female Shredder: Shotaro Nakamura
- B on Woutherus Mol
- DD on Mexx Children’s Clothing Ad – Equal to the Boys.
- Ray on Concluding the Naked Child in Art Series
- Luna on Concluding the Naked Child in Art Series
- Silly on Addendum to the 5 Myths
- David Brodbeck on Mexx Children’s Clothing Ad – Equal to the Boys.
- sean on Abigail Bray: Adopting the Paedophiliac Gaze
- Kenneth Wade Wilson on Abigail Bray: Adopting the Paedophiliac Gaze
Abigail Bray About Ray Artemis Bill Henson Child Abuse Child Prodigy Christianity Classical Culture Dark Matter David Finklehor Emma Rush Empty Taboos Eros False Certainties Gail Dines Gifted Kids Guitar Prodigies Hippie Kids Intersexed Islam Japanese Culture Jock Sturges Melinda Tankard Reist Michael Carr-Gregg Moral Conservatives My Photographs Naked Child In Art Navaratri Porn Psyche Radical Ideas Rock Chicks Sexology Sexualisation Sexualisation Debate Sexuality Stonefield Suzanne Ost Talented Kids Tantra The Anthropology of Sex The Childhood Culture Wars Transgender Transgression Wild Child