Seem like a damaged child? Of course not. She looks exactly like the composed and intelligent child she was. She also knew very well that her critics wanted to silence her.
It’s a story about a girl whose voice and spirit are silenced, and then it’s about her reclaiming her voice on a deeper, truer level. It’s very interesting how the story that I’m trying to tell has been paralleled by the actual events of the making of the film.NY Times
The clip below occurs some time after she is raped as part of her healing process. It shows what a brilliant actor she is. Note the control as she builds confidence in the song.
And what of Fanning now? Going from strength to strength having shrugged off the critics – she continues to act, although not in major roles as she concentrates on her studies. She’s accepted a place at NYU. But then, she’s gifted.
But this is the thing about the warriors of the childhood culture wars. They are actually quite clueless, foolishly causing real abuse in attempting to chase imagined abuse. Perhaps the final word should go to Dakota.
It’s a movie, it’s called acting.
pages: 1 2
- The Lure of Aphrodite’s Mirror: Brooke Shields and Eva Ionesco 226,134 views
- The Naked Child in Art: The New Arguments Against 190,528 views
- The Naked Child in Art: Naturist Photography 185,139 views
- Revisiting My Little Princess, a Film by Eva Ionesco 150,421 views
- The Naked Child in Art: Misty Dawn 119,557 views
- Abigail Bray: Adopting the Paedophiliac Gaze 115,634 views
- Photos 107,472 views
- The Naked Child in Art: Photography 100,952 views
- Corporate Paedophilia: The Australia Institute Discussion Paper 80,112 views
- Hippie Kids 66,311 views
Read About My Books
Abigail Bray About Ray Artemis Bill Henson Child Abuse Child Prodigy Christianity Classical Culture Dark Matter David Finklehor Eden Emma Rush Empty Taboos Eros False Certainties Gail Dines Gifted Kids Hetty Johnston Hippie Kids Intersexed Islam Japanese Culture Jock Sturges Melinda Tankard Reist Michael Carr-Gregg Moral Conservatives Naked Child In Art Navaratri Porn Psyche Radical Ideas Rock Chicks Sexology Sexualisation Sexualisation Debate Sexuality Stonefield Suzanne Ost Talented Kids Tantra The Anthropology of Sex The Childhood Culture Wars Transgender Transgression Wild Child