I’ve mentioned Eva Ionesco before, along with Brooke Shields in America, she was a transgressive child in both photography and film, although, being European, she went a good deal further than Brooke.
I mentioned that she has directed her first film. The news is that it is about to premiere at Cannes as part of critics week (May 16th). It will be interesting to follow the publicity for the film. Eva has not spoken a great deal about her childhood and this film is semi-autobi0graphical: with the mother being played by the great French film actress, Isabelle Huppert. From the descriptions I have read it seems to be more about the relationship between grandmother, mother and daughter, rather than the controversy over Eva appearing nude, but we will have to wait to see what Eva says.
Anyway, below is the recently released trailer:
- The Lure of Aphrodite’s Mirror: Brooke Shields and Eva Ionesco 244,125 views
- The Naked Child in Art: The New Arguments Against 198,092 views
- The Naked Child in Art: Naturist Photography 195,516 views
- Revisiting My Little Princess, a Film by Eva Ionesco 164,541 views
- The Naked Child in Art: Misty Dawn 127,139 views
- Abigail Bray: Adopting the Paedophiliac Gaze 122,252 views
- Photos 113,476 views
- The Naked Child in Art: Photography 108,109 views
- Corporate Paedophilia: The Australia Institute Discussion Paper 82,295 views
- Hippie Kids 71,754 views
Abigail Bray About Ray Artemis Bill Henson Child Abuse Child Prodigy Christianity Classical Culture Dark Matter David Finklehor Eden Emma Rush Empty Taboos Eros False Certainties Gail Dines Gifted Kids Hetty Johnston Hippie Kids Intersexed Islam Japanese Culture Jock Sturges Melinda Tankard Reist Michael Carr-Gregg Moral Conservatives Naked Child In Art Navaratri Porn Psyche Radical Ideas Rock Chicks Sexology Sexualisation Sexualisation Debate Sexuality Stonefield Suzanne Ost Talented Kids Tantra The Anthropology of Sex The Childhood Culture Wars Transgender Transgression Wild Child